The Center’s Environmental and Radiation Protection Division (ERPD) takes care and manages the campus Environmental and Radiation Protection Division. Starting Sept,2011, a new area of responsibility is to take care of the safety of biological materials, by adding a biological safety specialist. There are a total of 3 specialists in the division,whose responsibilities include the following:
1. Purchasing and management operations of toxic chemicals (toxic chemical system: http://220.127.116.11/main.php).
2. Cleaning, transporting, and management operations of hazardous disposed items (including disposed fluids).
3. Radiation safety protection and management operations.
4. Handling of laboratories and general waste water.
5. Safety of biomaterials.
6. Promotion and management of green purchasing.
7. Other campus environmental protection (air pollution, prevention of noise pollution, etc).